Monday 15 April 2013

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

Last post of the night, I just really wanted to write about these guys. These guys are another band who had hidden Identities but they have now released who they are. At one point they played no live shows, they were just a studio band and magazines like Metal Hammer questioned whether they actually existed. Before the band released there true identities they were simply named "Uncle Acid", "Kat" and "Red" They have participated in an interview with Metal Hammer (which is in this months edition)where they released their actual names! The genre this band fit into is kinda psychedelic metal/ doom metal. They have a very unique sound, sounding a tad like Ghost (Ghost B.C) and Black Sabbath. They like to sing about dark things... similar to the bands I just mentioned, so I suppose you could say a lyrical theme of this band is Occultism (Spoookkyyy). In terms of material they released an album last year called "Blood Lust" which is incredible! I listen to it on Spotify all the time. They have recently released another album (Like yesterday) called "Mind Control" which is also another great album! They have been announced to play Download festival and I think they and playing third down on the third stage, I will definitely be there (Sorry Motorhead) So my plan is Run from Alice in Chains and catch Uncle Acid. The combination of guitar and bass in this band create some monster riffs and some bad-ass Basslines! which I am a massive fan of, and the voice of "Uncle Acid" is fantastic! really unique, only persons voice that comes relatively close is "Papa Emeritus II" and that is still a million miles away. Anyway my favourite track is off of their first album...
I love it! Wicked track, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment