Wednesday 17 April 2013

Lumineers

These guys seem to come from nowhere! I had never heard of them and now they're massive! Very popular. They are a folk- rock band from Denver in the US.
 I wasn't really a fan of the whole folk scene until 'Mumford and Sons' became apparent a few years ago, and soon as I found out there was another folk rock band in the charts I was rather intrigued and decided to listen to them. When I searched them on Spotify and listened to their most famous track, I realised my girlfriend had been playing this song to me for ages! She seems to love them. After listening to that track (which is my fave) I then progressed onto their next tracks and discovered I loved everyone! My second favourite track by them is named 'Stubborn Love' (definitely listen to this) They released an album at the beginning of this month which is simply named 'Lumineers' is one of my favourite albums of the year (strongly recommend you listen to it in its entirety)
 When Leeds and Reading festival made their main announcement many people were disappointed to this this band so high up the bill, they are playing fourth down, which is a spot which has facilitated such bands as 'Jimmy Eat World' and 'Cypress Hill', but when I realised they were playing I was so happy and I can't wait to see them. Anyway this is my favourite...

 


Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. The Lumineers are as good as you describe. Catchy beat, good vocals.

    ReplyDelete