Monday 8 April 2013

Sigur Ros!

There is nothing I enjoy more than laying on my bed at uni with a cup of coffee listening to these guys. They are so relaxing, so soothing. They are an Icelandic band which consists of all the conventional instruments like guitars and drum, but they also feature instruments such as a glockenspiel and a toy piano. They are just so cool. If you watch television you may recognise some of their tunes from adverts.

They have 6 albums! and one is due to come out this year, around June time!  it is going to be called "Kveikur " (Don't just listen to this one, listen to them all!) My favourite albums however are called "Takk", as it features my favourite song and "Valtari", which is their latest one which they released last year, this is one album that I can sit and listen to forever, tracks on this album I adore are "Ekki Mukk" and "Varúð" 

I just find their sounds to be so mellifluous and calming, they often help me sleep! I think you should give them a go! 

My favourite track is... 



Simply a masterpiece, recognise it? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment