Tuesday 16 April 2013

I Set My Friends On Fire (ISMFOF)

Where do I start with these guys? Weirdest thing I have ever heard. They are a Post-Hardcore/ electronic and they are a very, very experimental band with a very very unique sound. I originally listened to these guys a few years back because I liked the Lead Singers hair. (I'm now friends with the lead singer(Matt Mehana) on facebook)
 When I listened to one of their first songs and enjoyed it, I then looked to see if they had an album out, turns out they did and it has one of the best album titles ever "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter" which I own (It's on spotify). They have really weird track names that are pretty much all irrelevant to the lyrics like... "But the NUNS are watching" and "Reese's pieces, I don't know who John Cleeves is" which are both cracking songs. They released an album in 2011 called "Astral Rejection" which again follows the same theme with a track called "My paralyzed brother taps his foot to this beat" they do have some really interesting track titles. They are due to release an album later this year too called "Caterpillar Sex" So through this you can really get a feel of how weird they are. They got famous through a cover of "Crank that" by "Soulja Boy" which is a billion times better than the original. (Definitely listen to that song)

 Anyway this is my favourite, used to be my alarm track you will probably be able to guess why...
Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. It is a very good track. Thanks for posting. Vocals are good, it moves well and is entertaining.

    ReplyDelete