Monday 15 April 2013

Eirik Gjendemsjø

Well I told you I'd cover a wide range of music! and here is some pop. Somebody requested I do a post on this guy as He said Eirik has "one of the greatest voices [he has] ever heard" so I decided to listen and read up on Eirik.
 I found out that Eirik is only 17 now and that he finished in third place on Norway's equivalent of "Britain's got Talent" aged just 13, but surprisingly that isn't Eirik's greatest achievement, he has sung with the likes of "Andrea Bocelli", "Morten Harket"(Formerly lead singer of A-Ha)and Diana Ross!he sang with all those people before he reached 15.
He has released 2 songs they are called "The Greatest" and "Hello" which are both accessible on both Youtube and Spotify. He can sing rather well for his age, and is like a Norwegian Justin Bieber so if that is your scene you might like this guy. I'm not a fan of his latest song "Hello" yes his vocals are good but the beat he is singing over just doesn't go with the song however, his first song "The Greatest" is pretty good, chilled out and he is singing over a piano tune which his voice suites much better.
Anyway give it a listen and tell me what you think...
Not exactly my cup of tea, but let me know what you think!

2 comments: