Wednesday 17 April 2013

Shinedown

This incredible Hard-rock/ alternative metal band are from Jacksonville, Florida in the US. I have loved these guys since 2009 when my music taste started to really branch out.
I'm not going to lie, Brent Smith (Shinedown's lead singer) is in my top 5 vocalists, his voice is incredible and really powerful. He can sing as well as 'shout' he can pretty much sing anything. He has a similar singing style to Miles Kennedy, in fact Shinedown may be compared to Alter Bridge.  The whole band are amazing not just the singer, and they generate some of the best music in the world in my opinion.
Shinedown have 4 albums out with a 5th due out relatively soon, as Brent Smith has already stated the album is complete. My favourite however was released in 2008 it is named 'The Sound Of Madness' and is in the top ten albums of all time in my opinion. (Please, please, please listen to their others too to get a real feel for the band)
They have recently released tour dates in the UK where they are supporting 'Alter Bridge' with a band named Halestorm (who I will do a post on if you would like). This is one of the best gig lineups I have ever seen, so I am obviously going! Roll on October.
Anyway, this is my favourite track...




Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Your comments are spot on. Excellent vocals and accompaniment. Thanks for sharing Shinedown.

    ReplyDelete