Thursday 23 January 2014

The National

Hello, missed me? I'm sure you have... Now carrying on with the 'depressing' vibe, I present The National.  For years I disliked this band; I even (regrettably) passed up the opportunity to see these guys at Leeds Festival in 2011 (but instead saw Bombay Bicycle Club soo...) My opinion has 100% changed and I now REALLY enjoy listening to these guys (Especially at this time)
The thing that really strikes me about the band is the superbly mellow melodies the band create and the lovely, solemn voice of Matt Berninger is exquisite. The lyrics are also so powerful, I literally have never listened to such beautiful sounding music before (Ok, yes; Hyperbole may have been employed there)

The band have created 6 albums, I haven't had chance to listen to them all yet but the ones I have listened to are brilliant. I was told by a close friend of mine to check out both 'Alligator' and 'High Violet' so that's what my day consisted of today. Both very beautiful pieces of work, the lyrics are amazing- so chilled. Songs off of these albums I recommend are: Terrible Love, Sorrow and All The Wine. However, my favourite songs features on their latest album, which is called "Trouble Will Find Me" again, a masterpiece.
This is my favourite song, I hope you enjoy it...


Let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment