Saturday 18 January 2014

Halestorm

Just glanced back to my "Shinedown" post and noticed I said I was going to do a post on Halestorm! Well here it is..
First of all, they were excellent when they supported Alter Bridge, thoroughly enjoyed myself however, Shinedown did not sing "Call Me"!!! I was/ am still distraught. Moving on! Halestorm- Halestorm is a hard rock band from Pennsylvania fronted by one of the most talented/ beautiful front women in the industry. Her name is Lzzy Hale and she has one of the most versatile voices I think I have ever heard; she can sing, she can scream and she can sure as hell play guitar. I am pretty sure if she ever wanted to go solo, she could produce some pretty awesome music on her own. But! If you accompany her diverse skill set with the awesomely entertaining drumming skills of Arejay Hale (Lzzy's brother) and you have yourself a top quality band. Arejay is seriously one of the most entertaining and skilled drummers I have seen (and I've seen a lot of drummers...)
Halestorm have produced 2 albums since their birth in 1998. My favourite album has to be their latest one (released in 2012) it is called "The Strange Case Of..." now, for me this album is perfect. The opening track is called "Love bites (So Do I)" Which is a phenomenal piece of music, great way to start the album. In 2013, they also released something; this time it was an EP. The EP featured many covers the most interesting one I feel was a cover of 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk, I found it to be very compelling.
Time for me to introduce my favourite track, right here it is
Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment