Sunday 19 January 2014

Crossfaith

Last post for now! You guys must've heard of Crossfaith! If you have you already know how brilliant they are, but just in case you haven't... To sum them up- they're a Japanese Metalcore band that have an electrifying twist. Literally.
Before I get into specifics, I will tell you about my experience with Crossfaith. Leeds Festival 2013 I was stood right in the middle of the rock-stage tent. Ready, for whatever Crossfaith threw at me. I was not expecting what did happen... Crossfaith arrived onto the staged as hyper as a child after drinking two litres of fizzy pop, except these guys weren't drinking fizzy pop; they have a fascination with Jagermeister. In fact, it was the drummer's (Tatsu) birthday, he practically downed a full bottle of Jack Daniels on stage!
The programmer hit the stage first, jumping around the stage- dropped a beat, the crowd erupted. Before I knew it I was trapped in a vortex of people, elbows flying everywhere, heads banging. I was loving it. A few songs in they dropped their version of "Omen- The Prodigy" ... I could say, the intensity stepped up a few gears...
Now, the bad. If you combine the electronic style and the metalcore aspect I suppose you could call them electronicore.. Despite them being Japanese, the lead singer (Ken) sings in English and, he's pretty good at it too. Scratch that, he's awesome. The entire band really know how to put on a show; they are literally one of my highlights of Leeds Festival last year. I get the pleasure of seeing them in February (on the Kerrang Tour) and in June (Download Festival) and I already know they're going to blow me away again.
The band have a few albums, and a couple of EPs. Their latest album is called 'APOCOLYZE' and features a lot off good tracks, for example: We are the future and Eclipse. However, my favourite piece of their work is an EP they released in 2011 called 'Zion EP' My favourite track features on this EP, and here it is...


Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment