Thursday 2 May 2013

Skindred!

I am back! (I'm sure you all missed me -_-)
Well I am back for a very very short while (1 post, maybe 2) You see my laptop is broken :/ and I can't access an Ipad at uni seen as hough it's my dads, so I can't post D: Anyway, I will be back as quick as my laptop gets repaired!
The band I am recommending Is playing Leeds Festival they were in the latest announcement!
The way I would describe this band is, they are one of the most unique, one of the most interesting metal bands out there. They are a Reggae- Metal band, yes that is right! If Bob Marley and Corey Taylor (Lead singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour) had a baby, they would make Benji Webbe (Lead singer of Skindred). Benji has one of the best voices I have ever heard! and his physical presence during Skidred's live sets is astonishing (they love to get the crowd involved as you will see in the video in this post). He always wears wacky suites and never fails to get the crowd going! (I am speaking from experience here, they are one of the best bands I have ever seen). The singer doesn't make the band however, notorious for heavy awe-inspiring riffs and kick-ass drums they generate some of the greatest tracks ever. They are the second best band to come out of Wales, Sorry but I prefer Bullet For My Valentine!
Skindred have 4 awesome albums out now and they are releasing their fifth later this year. Their first album "Babylon" is a masterpiece and I think my favourite by them featuring such tracks as "Nobody" (Listen to this, this is my second favourite song by these) NOBODY, NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE. Their latest album "Union Black" is also an incredible album, which features my favourite track. I'm not saying their other albums aren't worth a mention because they sure are both "Roots Rock Riot" and "Shark Bites and Dog Fights" are also amazing. They are all easily accessible on Spotify an their albu due out this year is called "Kill The Power" it's release date is not yet known.
Anyway this is my favourite song...



Let me know what you think?

1 comment: