Thursday 2 May 2013

City and Colour

If I told you this was actually one person and his guitar, and that one person used to be in a Post- Hardcore/ Screamo band called Alexisonfire you might be expecting something like ROAAARRR ROOAAARRR! But it is the complete opposite! This "band" has also been announced to play Leeds Festival later this year, and I will be attending their performance for sure!
City and Colour can be described by using the words "melodic" and has a bit of a "country" kinda of a bit like early "Taylor Swift" stuff. I absolutely love his singing voice, he has one of my favourite voices in this genre of music, so soft and mellifluous. Obviously not just him makes the music, he drafts in other musicians to feature on his tracks such as Jack Lawrence from The Raconteurs. I have not been listening to this band long (about a week) It was my friend who played them and I asked him who they were, and I've been listening to them a lot ever since.
He/they have 3 albums out at the minute and he/they are releasing one on the 3rd/ 4th June. I haven't listened to a full album as of yet but what I can tell you is that I have not heard a bad song as of yet and I have heard a lot of their material.
Anyway here is my favourite song...



 Let me know what you think...




1 comment:

  1. City and Colour has a great country/folk sound. Vocals are exceptionally good.

    ReplyDelete