Saturday 25 May 2013

Dillinger Escape Plan!

Right... She's gone again, might squeeze another post in.
This band are... well the only word I can use to describe these is MENTAL. There are several live videos you can access on YouTube that show the lead Singer (Greg Puciato) with blood dripping from his head, I have been told a story that he bashed his head repeatedly on the speaker on stage until his head bled... There are also rumours out there that suggest he once did a poo on stage at my local festival, Leeds Festival. So straight away you guys are thinking WHATTT!
As you can guess this band is no choir, they are a mathcore band. If you are unaware what Mathcore is, it is one of the most complex music genres in the industry comprising of "Screamy/ shouty" vocals and very very well structured riffs, which often don't fit the actual vocals, but that is the point! So the iratic music the band create really is what Greg is like on stage. The riffs have a complexity no other band I have listened to can create, so unique and literally mind blowing, and the vocals are impeccable! I really do not know how he can "sing" like that.
I have been holding out for them to be confirmed for a music festival in the UK, but I had no such luck... ANYWAY, I saw a tweet that said "Might go see Dillinger in November" I as like.. Yippeeeee! so I booked tickets and I am tagging along with that person.
Anyway... this is my favourite song (At this rate I might get to do a few posts this weekend!)



Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment