Monday 9 June 2014

Kasabian "48:13"

I'm back from the dead! Well, kinda. I've decided to change it up a little! Rather than JUST suggesting a variety of bands, I am going to start talking about festivals and specific albums. I hope that is ok... obviously i'll still recommend bands!
Anyway, as you can probably guess from the title of the post- I am going to talk about Kasabians new album "48:13" it was released today! (09/06/14, UK) and in the fifteen hours it has been on spotify, I have listened to it four times! So... it's... tolerable? Yeh, you could say that. I'd say its flipping FANTASTIC! I genuinely didn't think anything could surpass "AM" by the Arctic Monkeys, but "48:13" is other worldly.
If you hadn't guessed already, the reason it is called "48:13" is because that is how long the album takes to listen to... pretty simple stuff, similarly, the album art work is simple too- it merely depicts a list of track times on a luminous pink background, yes- so far it is very simple... AS SOON as you hit play however, a electronic-bassy introduction ((shiva)) hits the ears, really sets you up for the rest of the album. It's kinda cliche, but you do the roaring electronic sound does seem to lull you into a euphoric paradise. The band have only released one single off of the album as of late, 'EEZ-EH', its a completely different and unique sound- superb track! Definite party tune. My favourite song on the album is track 7, 'Glass', yes- its up there with my favourite Kasabians songs of all time, it's that good- but then again, this could be my favourite Kasabian album. The intro of Glass sounds like it has been produced by a world class DJ, on first listen, it gave me goosebumps- just drew me in. It's also my favourite song lyrically. The last minute or so of the song- is just a spoken word piece that really opens up your eyes.
The album was produced and written by Serj (the guitarist), Yes, it can be said that some songs are flawed lyrically, the album consists of a lot of repetition- it's not the Kasabian we all know and love, big shout here, its a new Kasabian- a better Kasabian.
If youre going to Glastonbury, you're in for a treat.




 Listen to the album on Spotify and buy it! Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment